Thursday, August 26, 2010

Reading room

Guest post written by Stuart Wilson

After my son got married this summer, I finally decided that it was time to have him put his things from his childhood bedroom into storage and repurpose the room for my own benefits. I thought about making it an exercise, but I decided that moving up my exercise equipment from the basement just wouldn’t be worth the trouble.

So I settled on a reading room. I have bookshelves scattered throughout the house and didn’t really want to move all of them to one room, so I found some bookshelf wallpaper to give it that library feel without changing around the décor of the rest of my home.

I wanted the room to be really cozy so I picked out the perfect wallpaper, a comfy reading chair and had some EnergyStar Windows Sears installed. I think that it’s going to be perfect. I have the wallpaper on order and am picking out a few other pieces for it. However, I am putting some actual books in there. I found a great antique book case at a yard sale.

0 luvin: