Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Our Move to a New City

Moving to a new city was a fun experience overall, but it certainly took work. I managed somehow to do all the packing myself, while my husband worked out his two week notice at his job. With the help of some friends, we got everything loaded into two cars, and down the road we went to the warmer, sunnier climate of Myrtle Beach, Sc.

Somehow we got there a day ahead of our furniture, and ended up sleeping on the floor, however, we had signed up for all of our utilities, and our ADT home security service ahead of time to learn more about how we did it click HERE, so at least those things were in place when we arrived. The next day we went exploring, after a fashion. We located things like the grocery store, and the nearest pharmacy and post office.

Waking up each day was a little disorienting, since we had lived in our last home for twelve years, but I was surprised at how fast we adjusted to our new surroundings. My husband was comfortable driving in our new city almost immediately. It took me a little bit longer, but now l end up giving directions to vacationers as if l had lived here my entire life. I take that as a really good sign, considering the fact that I’m usually terrible at giving directions. Overall, I’d have to say that moving to our new city was definitely an interesting experience.

0 luvin: